Tuesday 2 June 2009

DESIGN : Flip Clock Screensaver, "Fliqlo"



I love vintage flip clocks! I can remember gazing up at one particular flip clock as a little girl when my dad would take me to the building society. I was fascinated by the apparent simplicity of the technology, the bound and determined moving parts, and the loud clicks as the numbers snapped precisely into place.

I don't own one myself just yet, so instead I make do with this digital version - "Fliqlo". Fliqlo is a free screensaver for Windows or Macs which imitates a flip clock. The time can be customised to display in 12-hour or 24-hour formats. You can also customise the zoom using the up and down arrow keys.

My only complaint is that it does not 'click' - oh well, I guess you can't have everything! Frown

Download Fliqlo for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment